I am currently Assistant Professor for Statistics at the School of Statistics, University of the Philippines, Diliman. I am holding or have held formal courses on introductory statistical methods and statistical quality control.
- 2021-2022 (University of the Philippines, Diliman)
- Elementary Statistics (STAT 101). Introduces the theory and practice of Statistics for non-statisticians and researchers. Covers data visualization, probability, sampling distributions, estimation, and basic data analysis methods from null hypothesis significance testing to simple OLS regression.
- Introduction to Statistical Quality Control (STAT 193.1). Provides an overview of how statistical methods are used for quality control in manufacturing and related industries. Motivates the analysis of sources of variation, acceptance sampling, process capability, and reliability.
- Introduction to Computational Statistics (STAT 142). Introduces computer-intensive strategies useful for developing new and robust statistical methodologies. Some importance is also given to special topics in statistical computing, particularly data management techniques, numerical analysis, and advanced data manipulation strategies.
- Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis (STAT 149). Provides a systematic overview of methods for analyzing categorical data. We outline how to perform analysis on cross-classification (contingency) tables, particularly on testing for independence and estimating measures of association. Significant focus is also cast towards generalized linear models, which extend the standard linear model for continuous variables to a range of specific cases and distributions.